These explain the universe particularly well, and are a painless way to start your exposure to TTU.
Wiki editors: Feel free to add your favorites and explain why.
Although these may benefit from some knowledge of the universe, they're of unusually high quality.
As determined by reader poll, these are the best of the 26 short stories written during November 2003:
- StoryRandomEncounter (read) -- The greatest LARPing story ever told?
- StoryFirstFlight (read) -- College friends talk a gryphon into a daylight shape-change.
- StoryThePetLady (read) -- Laika and Jenny critically evaluate new-age claims.
- StoryTopOfTheWorld (read) -- In which it gets a little crowded at a Yosemite summit.
- StoryShelter (read) -- An evangelical Christian has some second thoughts about theris after a January tornado.
- CulturaliaAdBattle (read) -- PETA and a theri group clash over an unintentionally painful ad campaign.
The eight November 2006 stories were put up for a vote, and the clear winner of the reader poll was:
- CulturaliaDangerousWaters (read) -- On board the New Atlantis Project's flagship. Highly recommended.
As the author of most of TTU's material, these are the stories I've written that hold the closest place in my heart:
Wiki editors: Feel free to add your favorites and explain why. Link to the stories' TTU Wiki pages.